Virtual Training Workshop
In September 2013, the CMU CREATE Lab held and recorded a four hour Hummingbird/Arts & Bots Training workshop in Pittsburgh, PA.
Try participating virtually! Get a Hummingbird kit and gather some craft materials, then follow along with the videos. Or, get inspired and watch the end-result: 17 robots, shown off in 12 minutes by participants. The total time participants had to build and program their robots was 90 minutes.
- Introduction (3:26)
- What is a Robot? (3:56)
- Sense, Think, Act! (3:56)
- Hummingbird Hardware (24:14)
- Hummingbird Software: CREATE Lab Visual Programmer (30:48)
- Building Instructions + Example Robots (7:10)
- Workshop Building Montage (90 minutes compressed into 5:18)
- 17 Robots in 12 minutes (12:18)
This video won a Botsker at the 2015 Robot Film Festival!